0

SOAS Memorial Lecture

on 2/20/2009 10:18:00 AM
I just got my ticket for the SOAS Memorial Lecture yesterday and I am honestly very excited. The SOAS Memorial Lecture is going to be conducted by one of my heroes Minister Mentor of the Republic ofSingapore Lee Kuan Yew. I've read so much about him during my first year of A-Level History and was enthralled by his conduct of politics and the traits and qualities he harnessed as a leader and a pioneer of politics in the region. Although I know that there is a small chance of conversing with him during the event but just to be in the presence of such an iconic person would make me happy.

But the main star of the occasion is not Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew but in fact the subject of his lecture, Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien the Third, dubbed the 'Modern Architect of Brunei'. My knowledge of Bruneian History is kind of sketchy so just to make sure I do no wrong, I'd just like to say he is one of the greatest Bruneians ever. He has done so much for the country: pioneering Brunei's development, wrote the Brunei Constitution, opposed the merger with Malaysia, tamed the Brunei Revolt, achieved for Brunei it's independence and the list goes on. Mr Lee Kuan Yew, I presume, would touch on these areas and more, with a personal touch.

I can't help but feel ecstatic to be attending this glorified event of such iconic figures. Mybe its just the historian within me. HAH!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.