0

The Comic Book Guy!

on 2/28/2009 05:39:00 AM
Well I stayed up late last night. Went to sleep at 2. Why you ask? Well because I watched the new animated movie from DC Comics and Warner Bros. Wonder Woman. Man that girl can serious kick ass.

Ok I'm a self proclaimed comic book geek. For all I know, there's only a handful of us left in this country. No, I'm not talking about those mainstream anime and manga types of comics (which I confess I used to read but soon realised that they were just crappy), I'm talking about the classic but articulated comics from the west. Where when you mention them, the likes of Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Marvel and DC and the whole lot.

Currently in my possession, I have close to 300 comic books from both Marvel and DC, and 50 or so graphic novels and novelty books. All amounting to thousands (I think). That I regret. But not really. This is because as soon as I started collecting comic books, I learned that they can be worth more than the buying price after a certain period of time. I checked online and have seen the likes of the first Batman comic book costing as much as U$1,600,000 purely in mint condition. Back in the day it was sold, if I'm not mistaken, the retail price of the book was only U$0.10. Yes people 10 cents. As I learned this, I started not only buying the comic books for reading, but also for preservation.

In 2005, I used to visit this shop in Gadong where they sold comic books. It was called BlueStone and to me it was comic book heave&B one but was actually ridiculously cheap if you think about the appreciation. It was a comic book from the 40s or 50s and it was in a small convenient store with a price tag of $10. HAHAHA yeah lucky me.

Other rare acquisitions of mine include the Sinestro Corps Vol. 1 out of 1 with the Superboy Prime cover and also the Sinestro (who resembles Hitler to me by the way lol) and also the Justice League of America (ver. 4) issue #0. Yup number zero. lol.

So enough about me... how you doin'?


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.