0

Double Bummer... (but we went to the beach though!)

on 2/25/2009 01:53:00 PM
Well I got a call from the Brunei Times just now. Seems like no one wants a temporary reporter right now. So yeah. Alright.

Today was a tiring day. Firstly I woke up feeling kind of drowsy. I didn't actually what was going on. I thought I was just fatigued because yesterday I went jogging at the stadium. It was quite nice to get out of the house to exercise. But because I haven't actually done anything physical lately I felt real heavy and couldn't seem to go really fast. I thought you know, trimming my beard would shave off (please excuse the pun (if it is one)) a few minutes of my time. But noo~~~! It was all the same to me.

OK back to today. After waking up, I got ready for the SOAS Memorial Lecture (just after I blogged for a while) and couldn't decide what to wear, Cara Melayu or smart casual attire? NOT!!! Of course I didn't have a hard time. I'd always pick anything other than cara melayu. Even during Hari Raya, if I had a choice I would wear normal clothes instead of the Cara Melayu. So I opted for a grey long-sleeved shirt, black pleated pants and a sports blazer (to you its a coat). I met up with Zimin at the In-door stadium (at the ICC actually) and we waited for an hour until the event started. While waiting, Zimin pointed out that he may be sick due to exposure to rain during the Satay thing at the Polo Club. Then it struck me. I am probably sick too. So yeah. The whole ceremony was ok. I liked the content very much. Unfortunately the sound system wasn't working well as the technicians didn't adjust the volume accordingly. When 
Minister Mentor Lee addressed his lecture, it was brely audible. But still I was able to catch some of the important things he said.

Then in the afternoon, me an the guys, Zimin, Kahar, Zudin, Das, and Nawi, went to Muara Beach. Initially we planned to have a picnic with the girls (Amal pulang kali saja) but they didn't show up. So rather than a picnic, it was more like an outdoor adventure outing with gang. At first we just sat around, then we went to the beach, I hit a few golf balls, we sat the the 'valley' thing, got our stuff, I fell at the 'valley' thing and then we went along the coast to the very end of the beach. It took us about half an hour to get to the other side of the beach. It was very tiring however very fun. I don't know why maybe because thats we do, we strive for adventure. 

We found this very cool place at the end of the beach. It was beautiful and serene. But yeah as beautiful as it is, still there was rubbish all over the place. We stayed there for a few minutes maybe 10, then we continued on until the very end (Das and Nawi stayed at the place though and I only went until before the rocks and after the green stuff).When we got back to the place where Nawi and Das were, we decided to chill there for a while until we headed back to where we started. When we finally reached our starting point, I realised the whole thing took us (or just me because I was left behind LOL) 2 hours.

On my way back from the beach, I witnessed something so cool but yet it was so sad. While I was driving, I saw a dog trying to cross the road, I was about 100 metres away from it. I slowed down to let the dog pass, but in doing so the dogwas hit by a car on the other lane which was going in the direction opposite of me. So I can deduce that I played a part in the death of the dog and canbe considered as an accessory to dog murder. But the collision was so cool that.... oh nevermind.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.