0

Please, don't mind the title.

on 2/05/2009 09:29:00 AM in , , , , ,
Wow it's been a hectic period since I last posted. Seems like Rumor wasn't lying when he said the results would come out on the 29th of last month. Some were delighted to get the results and some weren't. Me? Well I'm not really that delighted but also not that down about it. I'd say I'm just contented with my results. I met the required grades to get me into a University in the UK so now the only obstacle in the pursuit of my dream is the scholarship situation.

Funny thing happened Friday last week. Fadhil and I had our weekly driving session (I know BK but c'mon guys... you know you're not interested). I brought my dad along that night and Fadhil didn't expect it. So when he arrived there, he was all awkward and I could see he was nervous. Nervous to the point that he teed up almost 10 minutes after he arrived. So all night long Fadhil (and on certain occassions me) had an instructor telling us what was wrong with our game. But that wasn't the gruelling part of the night for him.

My dad left early that night so Fadhil and me were left alone there for a moment. When my dad left, Fadhil got back his usual game and were hitting better balls. But it only lasted for about hmmm I don't know, 5 minutes? This was because a stranger (both to me and Fadhil) teed up next to Fadhil and when he saw my friend there swing his club as noobly as possible (sorry Dil) the guy went all 'pro' and threw lots of pointers and tips to Fadhil. To save myself from any humiliation and embarassment, I tried to 'up' my game and surprisingly it worked. I kept on thinking that if I was to hit just one ball badly, the guy at the back would direct his attention to me. Due to that, I was playing one of my best games ever that time while it was the opposite for my friend. All the nerves and jitters got to him and he crumbled under the pressure. To make it up to him I told him to bring his dad the next time we go driving.

Since I talked about Friday already, it wouldn't be fair to the other days so I'll just briefly go by them. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were the University Hunting Days in Rizqun, Empire and Rizqun (again) respectively. Although I had no luck in getting an unconditional from any of my Universities, I still had fun. I don't know maybe it's the company I enjoy or maybe because I just hate doing nothing. Thursday I had a haircut which was a failure because people failed to notice it. Then later on Zimin, Kahar and me attended the career expo briefing. Prior to that we had lunch and went around Bandar. Then we met up with the 'Belia's at Easy Way and went home. Saturday we all went to the Scholarship Convention at ICC which then in the afternoon the guys and I went swimming. It was fun but at the same time very tiring. Lastly there's Sunday. Oh Sunday Sunday, how I love thee. Didn't do much on Sunday. But had a good rest.

Ok enough about the past. Lets talk about the present. Or should I say the latest past. Yeah whatever. Today we had the CareerExpo at school and to tell you the truth it was tiring. We didn't really do our jobs though. Technically we were just sitting around chatting. I think the only time we were really working was when we were stapling the papers together. I got a chance to talk to the Brunei Times people as they had a booth opened up in the expo. So lucky me. I've got my name forwarded to the HR person who called me last month so that I can get feedback on the status of my application. So I'm actually quite delighted because I've got something to expect now.

Oh yeah I nearly forgot, on the 31st of January 2009, the Graduation Magazine was finally out. It was a proud day for me and the magazine committee. We worked really hard on it, had sleepless nights and had our ups and downs in the process. But we got through it and it turned out to be really good. The feedback we've been getting has been mostly positive. However, there are regretfully some mistakes we made. All I can say is sorry and we just have to move on I guess.

Gonna go play Futsal tomorrow *ecstatic*

note: driving - hitting golf balls at the driving range

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.