0

Anyone read the papers lately?

on 5/18/2009 11:14:00 AM

I stumbled upon an article from the opinions section in the Borneo Bulletin Weekend edition which really caught my attention. It goes:



Small could be beautiful


I was interested in the comments of the Minister of Finance II stating that we should be prudent in our spending in this time of global downturn. Here's my suggestion, why not the government change all the luxury cars to more cheaper but reliable cars. Think of the money saved in maintenance and upkeep of our expensive cars. Take for example the Prime Minister of Malaysia. He's using a Proton Perdana as his officially car. The Prime Minister of India is using a Tata. -Citizen



Who needs 6000cc gas guzzling luxury cars like the Mercs, BMWs and Lexus' when 1500cc (like my Vios =D) efficient and economic cars can go just as fast and gives you comfort at the same time? Sure those luxury cars are alluring and very appealing. But let me tell you this: the so called 'normal' cars are too. Sometimes I think 'normal' cars are better than those luxury cars because to me, they have more character than the Mercs and BMWs (which all look the same). So it's time to think people. Living materialistically or pragmatically? You decide!




0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.