0

I feel like blogging today

on 5/11/2009 08:21:00 AM
It's been a while.

Before I started working, I seriously despised doing nothing. But now that I've finished working (tentatively), I've come to see how precious these moments are. I've been having some "me" time lately. Getting away from all the rush of life and going through things one thing after the other.

Today started out with some exercise with the gang at Tasek Lama. There were new faces present. Amal and Zimin were there; Imi and Sim too. We jogged (more like strolled)  for a few laps and ended up sitting at the reflexology path way. We had a nice chat for 15-30 minutes and then sought to go home. Just as I was getting into my car Zimin called me and gave back some books that he had borrowed from me. One of them was 'Confessions of an Economic Hit Man'. That was the turning point of my day.

Prior to that moment, I hadn't really planned on what to do for the rest of the day. I already decided that I was going to HSBC to cash in my paycheck and go to the car wash. That was just it. But since Zimin gave a good review on the EHM book on his blog, I decided at the moment he returned that book to me, I was gonna start to read the book.

I haven't really been reading much lately. The last book I attempted to read was 'Hot, Flat and Crowded' but I stopped because there were too many distractions. But now I've found a solution to this problem - read at unfamiliar places. No I'm not talking about places at home, but places where I have to drive to. I'm already through chapter 4 (each and every chapter at different places and time) of the book and it's safe to say that I'm deeply enthralled in it. Also I've never been as thrilled into reading like this before. Maybe the combination of something most people deem as 'bland and boring' like reading and something 'enjoyable and fun' as travelling(in this sense driving around) sums up to become something very appealing. I read chapter 1 of the book at Ceri Cafe whilst enjoying an ice blended caramel latte and some garlic bread. Chapter 2 at the car wash. Chapter 3 at the Pertama Jaya (Lambak) parking lot and Chapter 4 at Pantai Meragang.

I'll post updates in the sidebar on the places where I read the book. The carnal rule to this scheme is to never read at the same place more than once. So I guess said places in the previous paragraph cannot be used anymore. Oh and I'd like suggestions on places where to read.

Oh yeah I had a nice nap at Pantai Meragang just now. Nothing like 15 minutes full of 'zzz' in the car.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.