0

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

on 3/05/2009 10:17:00 AM

The title directly translates to "Who will guard the guardians?" but in colloquial English terms it can also refer to as "Who will watch the Watchmen?". The answer to that would be "ME!".


No I don't mean that I'll be a protector of any sorts. I'm talking about watching the movie 'Watchmen'. It just premiered today in Brunei so probably I'll be able to watch some time before I fly off to the Holy land of Mecca and Medina for Umrah (which is in exactly 2 weeks. wow O.O).


Unless you didn't know, the movie Watchmen originates from wait for it, wait for it...) the award winning 12-issue comic book titled 'Watchmen' (Yeah no duh!). And as you all might know (or might not know) I know the whole sequence of the story since I've already read the comic book. Ok so now you might say that, "Why should you watch the movie if you already know whats gonna happen?". My answer to that is "Why not? I read the 'Wanted' comic book and still watched the movie". And also I won't be the only one who has watched something that I already know about. Why not ask the millions or possibly the bilions of Harry Potter fans. HAHAHAHA


Watchmen was created and written by one of the most critically acclaimed writers, Alan Moore, the same person who brought you V for Vendetta. Yes it might not ring a bell. The Watchmen is based in the 1980s in a 'what if' scenario in which the 'what if' was that the Watergate incident didn't happen and that Nixon had carried on being President. So in this so called 'alternate world' superheroes, 'masks' as they call them, were considered renegades and criminals of the law. SO one thing comes after the other, some explosions, nuclear missiles, treachery and so on. So the 'Watchmen' have to save the day and all. Just like the Justice League but they're 'renegades'.


Now that I've mentioned it, why did this get a green-light but not JLA? hmm


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.