0

Not That Chatty Now , Huh?

on 3/18/2009 01:15:00 PM

So much for consistency, huh?


Some of you might have noticed that I've been missing from the tech-world lately. The past few days have been somewhat blissful. I've been watching a few movies, 4 movies precisely.


1. SE7EN (Seven)


se7en.jpg


Rookie detective (Brad Pitt) teamed-up with a soon to be retiring veteran detective (Morgan Freeman) investigates a case of serial killings revolved around the '7 Deadly Sins'. Looking at movie reviews and film critics columns, it was rated very highly. The acting was good, the flow of the story was too. The thing I really liked about the movie was that it made me think. It made me think about what the killer would do next. It made me think of the who, how, when and why. But the ending sucked. Not big time though. It just normally sucked. THat's why it only deserves an A- from me. Not really an A but sure as hell not a B.


2. Taken


taken.jpg


Ex-government special agent (presumably black ops) Bryan Mills (Liam Neeson) goes to Paris not only to save his daughter but also to find and track down the people who kidnapped her so that he could kick some ass. And let me tell you this: "Liam Neeson can totally kick ass!". He's just like an old Jason Bourne. Now that being said this movie also warrants an A-. Not because I didn't like it but because I just liked it. If I loved I would've given it an A but sorry no. It actually seemed kind of realistic. No superhuman BS going about. Just like the movie mentioned before, the ending was just an ending. Nothing big.


3. The Punisher: War Zone


punisherwarzoneposter-72408 (1).jpg


I just don't want to give a sypnosis here. It was really unbearable. I thought all the violence would amount to something. I thought wrong. It was so unealistic and GD boring I started blogging. Let me tell you one thing: Frank Castle, or the Punisher as you may know him, sure is a badass, sure he's a an anti-hero who kills bad guys but he's not a freaking superhuman. I just saw this one scene where he punched a guy in the face and his fist just went through the guy's skull. I do not recommend this movie to anyone. Even if it's the only movie left in the world. I liked the first movie more. The frst movie, I gave it a B+. But this movie doesn't even deserve an F. F is too good a grade you can give it. Even Elektra was better than this movie. And Elektra did suck. Now I just pray that the Punisher isn't included in any Marvel movies in the future. I don't even want to hear anyone mentio the Punisher in the Avengers movie. But wait, they could punish the Punisher. Maybe the Hulk (the Incredible Hulk was fantastic by the way regardless of whatever people say) can rip his head off. But unliek the movies before, the ending was the best part of the movie - because it was the end of it all.


4. Gone Baby, Gone


gone-baby-gone-movie-poster.jpg


Amongst all the movies I saw, this was the best. I've been wanting to watch this movie for a long time now but I just got to it toady. It was very compassionate and gripping tale. The cast was excellent in their portrayals, indivdually and as a group. The flow of the story was absolutely magnificient. It peaked right in the middle of the movie and it stayed that way until the end. I don't want to spoil anything here because I am certainly recommending this movie therefore no spoilers will be attached. Oh yeah A+. This movie deserves going back to. Like Fight Club, I could watch this movie over and over again and not get bored.


The common thing about all four movies was that they all made me want to kick open a door. You know detective style kicking the door in around the door handle area. When I was a kid I wanted to be one of those trench-coat detectives smoking cigs and catching bad guys. But I realised that in Brunei, those kind of cops only existed in comic books and movies.


I also watched 'Sixth Sense' yesterday at Syd's place but I've watched that before. The kid sees dead people. Who can complain about that right?


0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.