0

Keeping this window open

on 5/13/2010 04:14:00 PM
When I started today, I decided that I should keep my blog on at all times just in case I wanted to gallivant about and wander from my studies (of course for reasons of relief nonetheless). Hours of reading meant that I had hours to think about new posts, but I just couldn't think of anything. But then I realised something: I tend to concentrate more on the things that I don't intend to rather than on the things that I wanted to. And today, I concentrated on trying to think of a new post to write, but instead my focus wandered into reading instead. How funny life works.

First paper up for me is my Contemporary International Relations module, encompassing on Post-Cod War Issues. As mentioned in the handbook and reading list, whatever topics included as an assessed essay would not reappear in the examination. Kind of a gift perhaps from the Politics and International Relations Department. Therefore, matters concerning human rights, new global threat i.e. nuclear proliferation and climate change, international organisations and US Foreign Policy has dominated my thoughts.

Now I regret not having paid much attention to the issues of the world prior to this. I should have made it a habit to check the pressing issues and their developments at least once a day either on the internet, newspapers or magazines. However, not much despair though, because the presence of new technology, especially Twitter, I'm now up to date (sort of) with some matters.

With Twitter, I was able to follow the 2010 Elections recently and get updates as quick as they happened. Oh how I love Twitter. But seriously starting next academic year, no more fooling around for me.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.