0

I Got Snap!

on 5/11/2010 07:36:00 PM
I don't want this to be a photo blog or anything but I just felt like uploading some pics I took over the past few weeks with the new cam me papa got me (And also my blog has kinda been lacking in the images department). Canon 350D nothing real fancy but still I love it. I've been playing around with the camera and tried some things I could never have bothered to try on a normal camera. Also lots of post production here so nothing originally spectacular. However, still does not escape mediocrity. So please note that I have admitted to mediocrity (lots of noise and stuff) and that hurtful words criticizing my work would just be mean =D

In the Pictures below, I retouched them using the open sourced GIMP following the instructions to create lomo-esque picture types.

This is my favourite. This is the Astronomical Clock at the Rattray Building at Leicester University. This I used the manual way of lomo-ing



This was in the library. Yeah same effect but poor vignetting (really dunno but thought I'd use it) I guess haha

This I used the lomo script and it kinda saved me a lot of work and effort.

For my mum =D

Next up are the pictures I took in 3 different exposures, then creating HDR images in post production. Didn't do the manual layer masking or anything. Had some help by an open sourced software hahaha.











What I noticed from most of the pictures is that after post production, even though it doesn't leave the image flat, the pictures end up being dark and gloomy. But yeah thats all I can do now. Maybe during the summer after my exams I can experiment more hahahaha.

postscript: the models in the pictures weren't free. I had to pay them with kfc -_-



0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.