0

Take it from a pro...

on 4/19/2010 03:02:00 AM
Ok my sleeping pattern is officially screwed. But on an even lighter note I just had a chat with my Bungsu who just went through a breakup with his girlfriend of 2 years and now is having a tough time adjusting to the single life. In order to do so, he resorted to me for help. I'm not here to brag or anything but I guess he did so because he knows that I'm such a pro at being single.

Unlike some people who can't last a second being single, jumping from one girlfriend to another, I'm very much happy with the situation that I'm in. The reason for this is that the question of: what is there to expect when you have a girlfriend? Of all my non-immediate relatives (immediate being the ones I live with), the one I'm closest to is my Bungsu and within the two years of his relationship with his now ex-girlfriend all I could see them doing was holding hands, talking on the telephone like there was no tomorrow and you know generally going out (i.e. morning jogs, breakfast, movie, lunch, dinner etc). I can't say that they weren't perfect for each other, but yeah, they weren't perfectly compatible too. So I guess what I'm saying here is that in whatever time or moment in life, with great friends and family surrounding you, thats all you need. In our own culture, considering our origins and religion, I would think that having a girlfriend is much more of a conquest or triumph. Putting aside all the kinky details, theres nothing much to do when you have a girlfriend, especially in this moment in my life. Yeah you might say that I'm biased because I haven't had much experiences in being 'triumphant' but right after you say that make sure you have an answer to my question to what follows: Why? If your answer is: "They're there for companionship" my response would be "Faeces of A Bull!".

What better companions can you get than your friends who are there whenever you need them (in my case they're called 'Bros')? You might not be able to hold their hands (shhhh Jeng shhhh) or do all those sappy things with, but from what I've seen is that these things are just not that important. Thats what I told my Bungsu and he agreed.

It was two years ago at the Squash courts (I think), I saw these two people (whom you all know btw) holding hands and swaying them about. Of course there were smiles, but not only on their faces but also irkful and awkward smiles from others' watching. And better yet, you could see that it was all just a faux. I guess the guy was just trying to metaphorically get into her pants and she wouldn't have it I guess so it didn't last long *insert "thats what she said" joke*.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not saying that you should care what other people think nor am I saying don't seek companionship in the other gender, I'm just saying: don't do it on false pretenses because it can really screw you up (directly or indirectly). Ok now I've read the last sentence and I think I'm starting to sound like a delusional relationship therapist. Ok tell you what, just forget everything that you've just read and just remember this:

Bros before Ho's, and then you're good to go!

And also being a delusional 'playa' doesn't work. Even those girls you make up in your mind everyday won't like you :D

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.