0

Something to think about...

on 4/25/2010 12:50:00 AM
"Nothing happens unless first a dream."
Carl Sandburg, US Biographer and poet (1878 - 1967)

Right now, I dream of only one thing: finishing all my assignments. But alas, it has been hard for me. Whenever I try going on with work, my mind wanders. Just like it wandered into reaching this quote and as futile as it may seem in helping me with my work, there is much insight on how deep and defined this quote is.

I am not a philosopher but in what I do, especially in my course of work and my dream of a profession, I come across philosophy as my guide. My mind wanders to retrospect whatever I hear, see or experience. Whatever I read I tend to analyse. To me, this characteristic is bittersweet. It is a curse and also a blessing. As whenever I read, I take into account everything written. Word after word, sentence after sentence, phrase after phrase until there is nothing more to read. I used to be a very quick reader. Able to read an entire book without stopping, finishing in mere hours and absorbing the face value of it all. But now as time passes, my reading has become slow. Analysing everything as said. Delving myself into the depth of it all.

Mentioned quote is one example of all of this. I stumbled across it in my efforts to progress in my work. At first, worried about work, I pushed this quote aside and continued. But not long after, my mind, as curious as it has always been, seemed to retrace its tracks onto this quote. The longer I tried eluding it, the more my mind drove me to it's attention. At first I didn't know why. I questioned it's importance as to why my attention had to be flailed towards it. Finally it led me somewhere. It led me to a Facebook status my eldest maternal cousin had updated, which I paraphrase (due to horrendous grammar): "A dream without a plan will never come to fruition". I don't know where this came from. I do not know it's origins. But deep within me I knew that I needed to prove this wrong.

A plan is technically something. Therefore, if without a dream, a plan will not come to fruition. If not for a dream, only nothing will happen. A dream entails an objective. With an objective, everything will come to fruition, even if it may come with failure. Because an objective or, in this matter, a dream, if not met does not necessarily mean that what you have done in attempting to achieve it is faulty, it might be the dream that is faulty. But whatever you do, never give up and never be afraid to fail. Because surrendering to fear is the truest form of failure. As said by Picasso:

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

I hope that I have given you insight, just as I have to myself.

PS: No wonder my work nowadays require a lot of time to do.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.