0

21

on 5/11/2011 03:21:00 AM
It's been almost a year now since my last post, but somehow it doesn't feel so long. I apologize in advance if this post might not make sense and I will use two excuses to explain why: 1. It's almost 4am UK time and 2. I've just got a lot on my mind.

My second academic year has gone by real fast. A lot of memories, both good and bad, but mostly good, have been made throughout the whole year. BruLeics being founded, my presidency, American Football with the Longhorns, Courage here and there and lifelong bond of epic proportions, all laced with good company and love.

This whole year, I've come to the realization that the needs of others outweigh the needs of my own. Whatever I've done this whole year, I've done for others. I have adopted a selfless nature that I have come to enjoy. But it's worth mentioning that whatever I do for others, I make sure not to neglect my priorities towards myself. Being selfless is one thing, but being selfless and smart about it is another.

I have yet to show my temper, though I don't intend to let it loose. I fear that adhering to it will bring destruction to others around me. My temper might have no bounds, and if it does, I don't want to know to what extent. What I can just say is that, whatever that angers me will anger me, but it will take a lot to make me react. Calm and collective, patient and selfless is what I endeavor to become and maintain.

Others might just take advantage of this and others might not even be aware of it. But thats not important. Whats important that I know that I'm always in a pursuit of happiness, not just that of my own but most importantly for others. There is no use of being sad or angry when you can always be happy. Taking a hit for the team, although it may be personally costly, will be worth it. Any impediments denying the happiness of those I care about, I will always find a way to destroy, because I know that it will always make me happy. Even the slightest of smiles, the glint of gratitude in their eyes and the hidden laughter will make me happy, because deep down I'll know that I was the cause of that. My actions may not be perfectly acceptable conventionally, but the ends will always justify the means.

Courage is the only thing on my mind. With courage and a strike of luck, I see myself fulfilling my full potential. I am confident that with courage, life will go by with ease. Courage as my goal, extended happiness as merely a by-product.

Ok I have a confession to make: after being preoccupied with a lot of things such as work and those good ol' fun times, having nothing to do but wait for exams is really dull. I thought I've passed this phase in my life already, foolishly thinking that I'll always have something to do. I think I might just be hungover from all the work I've done for the past few days. Even sleep, although as tired as I am, is evading me. I seem to always be chasing, knowing that there are shortcuts. But I feel that I'm so stubborn and hard-headed that I always take the long path.

Whatever comes my way, I will endure and carry on. Thats just how stubborn I am.

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.