0

Finally an answer!

on 6/04/2009 10:33:00 AM
"Why do we celebrate National Day on the 23rd of February?"

This question has been bugging me for a long time now. I've asked many about this and none of them gave me an answer. Not my history teachers, parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles etc. But now I just found out the answer.

The reason why we celebrate our National Day on the 23rd of February is because even though we achieved our independence from the British on the 1st of January 1984, we were only freed of their rule by then and not their protection. It was 54 days later, 23rd February 1984, that we achieved independence from the protection of the British.

HAH!!!! THERE YOU GO MRS SINGH!!!!

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Protective Headgear Recommended.... All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive.